My Simple Thoughts N Creations...

Thought is a vital, living dynamic power - the greatest force on earth. We live in a world of thoughts. Everyone has his own thought-world! They control your life, mold your character and shape your destiny. Always remember, "A pure thought" is sharper than the edge of a razor! This blog will be your journey to my inner thoughts...as well as my creations....come and "sail" with me....

Monday, February 9, 2009

How Does One Create A Quick Page

I discovered a beautiful designer by the name of Dallien and I fell in love with her “Yellow Autumn” kit … and was inspired to make a quick page of my own out of this stunning kit…

I have no idea how does one create such a thing; i’ve been wondering how all those wonderful quick pages are being done.  I haven’t come across a tutorial on it so I just follow my instinct on how to go about it…

What I did first is to create a sort of  a cluster frame and saved it as a png file, so that I can go back and use it again if I wanted to and that I have a leeway to choose what background I feel to apply at that particular moment.  And here is what my cluster frame turned out to be…

Page1_1I was successful at this point because after saving it as a png file, I was able to use it and added the background and the picture in it.  I was feeling great at this point ha ha…. so here goes my layout….

lunapic-123423162935913aBut when I went a step further, and tried putting a background on my cluster frame, and save it again as a png file… it didn’t work as I imagined it will be.  When I opened the file and placed a picture, the picture can’t be inserted in the frame.  The two elements (the background and the cluster frame) somehow got locked with each other that they became one element.  (Now I know the answer why… there were a few quick pages that I grab before having the same problem)  Well,  have to try again :-( hu hu hu…. I hope I can stumble on a tutorial on this one ha ha….   

Page1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment...

Please drop-by again.
Love Always,
** Simply Me, Tess **