My Simple Thoughts N Creations...

Thought is a vital, living dynamic power - the greatest force on earth. We live in a world of thoughts. Everyone has his own thought-world! They control your life, mold your character and shape your destiny. Always remember, "A pure thought" is sharper than the edge of a razor! This blog will be your journey to my inner thoughts...as well as my creations....come and "sail" with me....

Thursday, February 5, 2009

whatmakesmehappy? whatbringsmejoy?

I've written this article July 20 of last year for my blog at Friendster.. At that time, I still have no idea what digital scrapbooking is; that's why, it is not included yet in my list of what makes me happy.  Now, it occupies most of my time together with myBlogger.  Actually, i tried blogging last year but when Friendster changed their blogging format, I was quite disappointed that I stopped writing.  I got inspired when I learned scrapbooking and when I stumbled on the Blogger site..

I liked this article so much that I am posting it at this site....

I’ve read an article of Kris Aquino titled Joy wherein she listed items that makes her happy..and she said " Don’t let the devil steal your joy. If we acknowledge his presence, we become aware of him and thus become better able to fight and suppress him and his works."  Thus she encouraged the readers to come up with the same… to remind us how truly blessed we are… the more items, occasions, events, people, and memories you can list, the happier your outlook in life will be…

And so here goes my list….

Hearing Mac (my son) making "kwento" and when he is so "madaldal" and "makulit"…

100_0338Eating out and strolling with Mac, family and friends…

Attending and watching Mac in all his school activities…Solo

C67937fae0e0f44afb80bdcc0a657d0d_web1I treasure the gifts being given to me…I keep them…I love them…

Reading books especially the John Grisham novels… and the Harry Potter series… I also enjoy lifestyle magazines…

Window-shopping…strolling at the malls…looking for new things without necessarily buying them out…checking items especially on a great day sale!!! Kinda relieves one’s stress just by walking and seeing things on display…

Babae_1Seeing the cross-stitches my mom did for me….which all hang in my sala…

FramesLooking at old photos, arranging  them…making a photo album and/or CD or a collage, putting them into photo frames…

 

Taking pictures especially of nature. Before I only use my celfone to capture pictures but thank God, I’ve got my digicam now… I haven’t fully utilized it though. I wish I can visit beautiful places so I can put into practice my "photographic prowess" ha ha… 

Downloading songs and videos and turning them into cd’s for my friends…

Having the luxury of a spa…the facials, body scrubs, Massage body massage, the foot spa, the use of saunas, soaking in a milk bubble bath and their endless supply of hot water!!!  I love them all…too bad all these amenities are quite expensive!!!

Surfing the internet for food receipes..i’d like collecting receipes, putting them on a folder or notebook and when i am in the "mood", i try them out…

I love baking…cakes, cookies, pasta and even chicken, pork…"anything"!!! But the thing is, i haven’t progressed! How I wish I can take up culinary lessons ha ha… and how I wish my oven and microwave be repaired the soonest so I can go back to my baking activities..coz’ some people misses them already ha ha!!!

RoastporkI also love to engage in cooking…ocassionally!!!  I’m an "expert" already in soup making especially my cream of mushroom soup.  I have triedroast porkloin and it turned out that well.  They also love my sandwiches, french toast as well as my salads.  It’s tiresome but i enjoy every minute of my stay in the kitchen…

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Watching Oprah on Studio 23 every 7:30pm on weekdays..i love every bit of her   show… and Everyday Italian and Barefoot Contessa at Lifestyle Network…and Cheftogo at Qtv coz’ i get my joy from watching the cooking segments of these shows…

Current season series updates of Grey’s Anatomy, House, Private Practice… i hope i can be able to watch Prisonbreak soon…

        

Attending trade fairs and cooking seminars (just like what I did years ago with Nestle at their Rockwell site), watching craft shows, going thru the participants’ booths, looking at their demos and having a bite of their food samples…

Sleeping through the night without waking up in the middle of the night…

Waking up in the morning and feeling good about the day ahead…

How about you guys?  Why don’t you start doing your own list now and you will be amazed as to how long or "short" it will be…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment...

Please drop-by again.
Love Always,
** Simply Me, Tess **